We always take enough effort to make sure we stay hydrated during the summer. The heat is exhaustive and so, drinking enough water helps us remain healthy and beat the heat. What we don’t realize though, is that one can get dehydrated as easily in winter as in summer. It could even be argued that it is easier to get dehydrated in winter because our body is not naturally telling us to consume more water. Because we don’t feel thirsty as often, we forget to hydrate our body.
The cold winters can have an immense negative effect on our body. Especially, our skin. Drinking enough water in winter is essential to retain healthy blood flow, breakdown fats, and improve digestion. It also helps protect our body from hypothermia. Drinking enough water is also key to keeping the largest organ in our body healthy - our skin.
Our skin bears the brunt of the harsh winter weather the most. The freezing weather outside combined with the dry humidity generated by the indoor heater inside makes your skin flaky and dry. This negatively impacts the health and elasticity of our skin. You cannot change the weather outside, what you can do, is change your skincare routine. Ask yourself if you do any of the following things in winter.
- You take longer bathes with very hot water.
- You use the same skin care products in winter that you use in the other seasons.
- You do not apply sunscreen in winter.
- You do not exfoliate in winter.
If you do any of the things listed above, it is contributing to the poor condition of your skin. The winter weather required us to take special care of our skin. We need to moisturize more, use season appropriate skin care products and exfoliate regularly to get rid of the flaky skin. Most importantly, UV rays do not go away in winter. Sunscreen should be worn year round, irrespective of the weather.
Here are some deeply moisturizing products you can use during the winter months to protect your skin and keep in hydrated:
- Oil-Free Moisturizer by Biopure Naturals - An oil-free moisturizer made with skin rejuvenating plant extracts.
- Hyaluronic Acid by Biopure Naturals - Product with a super humectant that ensures skin hydration during winter.
- Anti-Wrinkle Hydrating Gel by Biopure Naturals - A gel formulated with collagen and bio-lightening peptide complex that helps reveal brighter skin.
- Pure Calm Hydrating and Soothing Facial Sheet Mask – A peptide drenched facial sheet mask that nourishes your skin and bathes it in moisture for a luxurious home spa treatment.